Sunday, November 13, 2011

◘ countdown ◘

Well, we've been on our tiny island of Sint Eustatius for about 20 months now. We have been counting down the days until we head back to civilization. As of today, we have only 30 days left on The Rock.

Living on Statia has been one of the most memorable and humbling experiences of my entire life. We have made so many incredible memories here that we will cherish forever. 

Pearl was a year and a half when we arrived; a baby. She has changed SO much, it's unbelievable. She is an independent, extroverted, beautiful little girl. I am excited to see how she adjusts to life back at home.

I have made a list of things to do tout de suite! They are things I want to do/hike/see & photograph before we leave! And yes, I have already started organizing, packing, and getting rid of most of our shtuff. It's awesome & I love moving.There, I said it.

The thought of leaving this beautiful place fills my head with mixed feelings. We are ready to go back; yet it's hard to leave. We each have special things we will miss; amazing friends we have made, the beautiful & mysterious ocean that we have L.O.V.E.D., precious time we have shared as a little family, et cetera, et cetera {omg you have no idea}. I hope that Pearl will be able to remember this amazing journey.

Christmas is coming soon, and that makes me giddy like a little child. We will be spending it at my parents' house in Nevada. Frozen, freezing, {OH NO, what the hell are we doing??} frigid, Nevada. It will be QUITE the climate change --- for all of us. Pearl doesn't remember what snow is like, or what wearing pants is like --- well, any clothes for that matter. This might be interesting. 

Darc has only a few more weeks of school, a few BIG tests, then some much needed and well deserved rest! Vacation --- boarding at Tahoe, catching up on movies {we missed a lot in two years} & going to a THEATER, REAL FOOD including, but not limited to: In 'N Out, Olive Garden, and Port of Subs, naps, reading for pleasure, shopping, driving around IN A CAR, & family time.

Welp, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll post an update before we leave. CRAZY!!
A post just wouldn't be a post without a few pics. . ..
 
L


 

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Bring me some sand...Excited to see y'all! Love your brother in the frozen tundra.

April said...

Don't go back to NV, try Chicago- we won't get any snow until January! :)